The Operations Planning Apprentice (OPA) strives to ensure streamlined coordination of all terminal operations. Coordination and planning involve multiple processes, multiple equipment, and multiple shipping terminals and stakeholders. The OPAs role is to ensure all terminal operations are conducted in an orderly, efficient, and well-organized manner. The OPA monitors work orders from customers through the Clarion Portal, validates them, then investigates the delivery chain and implements a strategy for efficient delivery of said order. The OPA monitors RORO and Container ‘baskets’ and creates a tentative loading schedule once a basket is approaching capacity. On creation or update of a Loading Schedule, the OPA promptly informs the Maintenance Team and all affected terminal managers accordingly. To ensure smooth and efficient delivery of a work order, the OPA allocates Tugboats and Barges for pickup of goods from Port, allocates cranes and mobile material handling equipment for offload of collected goods at Clarions waterfront Jetties, and allocates trucks for the delivery of said items to storage, or transport directly to the customer. Based on created work orders, the OPA schedules equipment operators, submits working fluid requests, or ensures working fluid levels for all allocated equipment are within acceptable margins to execute planned operations. The OPA also creates equipment allocation requests for each operation and closely supervises the end-to-end workflow of all planned operations. Satisfactory performance on this role includes but is not limited to the below listed duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Internship & Graduate
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Mastering standard operation and maintenance practices recommended by each manufacturer for each marine transport, container handling, lifting, or power generating equipment.
- Getting familiar and keeping up to date with the end-to-end workflow of domestic shipping operations.
- Monitoring and validating work orders from customers.
- Updating RORO and Container operations baskets at the start, middle, and close of business daily.
- Creating tentative loading orders as baskets approach capacity.
- Notify engineering team of expected/tentative loading order.
- Allocate all necessary equipment required for successful, efficient, and timely execution of loading order. Equipment include Seagoing Tugboats and barges, harbor cranes, terminal container handling Reach Stackers, and trucks.
- Coordinating the operators schedule for all land equipment, sea/marine equipment, and transportation trucks.
- Creating and submitting Working Fluid Requests.
- Supervising working fluid supply and refueling of each equipment in company fleet.
- Submitting working fluid supply and refueling report.
- Monitoring and recording the operation parameters of selected terminal equipment and corresponding fuel consumption. Compiling and submitting report on hours worked vs fuel consumed to engineering team.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Chemical, or Petroleum engineering.
- Basic understanding of mechanics and mechanical systems.
- Basic understanding of fluids and hydraulic systems.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical systems.
- Basic understanding of chemistry and chemical processes.
- Root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and engineering schematics.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical subject matters to a wide range of audiences.
- Team-oriented to keep productive, efficient, and on-task.
- Multitasker who can work independently.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the skills to handle multiple jobs of various sizes.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Work Type: Online/remotely via (At-home Workstation) for end-to-end operational oversight
- Work locations will be determined by supervisor and varies based on active operations
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.