The Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing support in the various human resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, and employee counseling. The HR Officer will be involved in sourcing, recruiting, planning the overall HR strategy, and assisting in creating and implementing HR policies and procedures. Also, the job holder will ensure everything in the office runs smoothly on a daily basis, office equipment is maintained, all records are up to date, whilst carrying out several administrative jobs.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- In charge of all employee matters and admin
- Responsible for all recruitment, leave, promotions and terminations, etc.
- Identify KPIs and Conduct staff appraisals
- Develop Company’s Human Resources Policies
- In charge of conflict resolution
- Maintain all office and employee records
- Responsible for training of old staff and orientation for new
- Clocking staff in and out
- HSE for staff
- Ensuring compliance to dress code & other company policies
- Ensures that the company complies with all laws as regards pensions and staff PAYE
- Monitors all employee's conduct
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential and any other duty which may be assigned.
- Relationship management with regulatory authorities and vendors
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
- Maintaining current HR files, records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefits documentation
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstations, email addresses, etc.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
- Staff induction and Onboarding Process; Provide Job description (JD), SOP, SLA, for employees; Staff exit procedure & Online
- Performance Management. Prepare salary schedule
- Develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues Appraisal & Feedback
- Learning and Development; Disciplinary Measures; Managing Employee RelationsStrategic Management
- Employee and Labour RelationsImplement the enlisted above within agreed timelines
- Ensure regular meetings with employee(s) to attend to complaints and the best ways of resolving them for optimum performance.
- Conduct 3 months review for new staff; Conduct Appraisal every 6months
- Update staff handbook and sanction policies
- Follow the point deduction system and reward system; Update Staff file; Conduct Staff exit interviews, Staff audit (identify over staff and under staff)
- Maintain employee information soft copy on Zoho and hard copy in the client file
- Carry out staff address verification; Conduct verification on employee’s previous employer; Coordinate staff training
- Staff rotation when needed; Record staff sanctions; Act as staff personal chancellor; Staff HMO Coordination; Pension remittance; Tax remittance
- Escalate and advise management on issues.
- Minimum of BSc/HND in any course, with either NYSC Certificate or Exception
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience as an HR Officer.
- Ability to demonstrate the accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team, handle various projects at one time, lead others, delegate
- Ability to follow up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to keep an open and objective view and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful at all times
- Ability to communicate assertively
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to communicate with employees and guests
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars is a must.
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong ethical standards
- Good understanding of labor laws
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 - 180,000