- Provide leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, employee development, training and special projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or company needs.
- Supervision and Interaction:
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Education: A post-graduate degree (MBA/MSc) in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Personnel Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Work Experience: 10+ years HR work experience in a manufacturing firm.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and conventional practices.
- Must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN).
Key Competencies Required for the Job:
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Proven interpersonal skills with groups and individuals.
- Motivational and teambuilding skills
- Provide general human resource services to 200+ members of staff.
- Provide human resource generalist services, including compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems, company policies, etc.
- Source, screen and recommend candidates for employment and conduct new employee orientation.
- Administer performance review procedures, and employment related policies and procedures.
- Planning and scheduling of annual leaves.
- Welfare management of staffs and conflict resolution.
- Raise memos and draft policies for the organization.
- Perform other HR-related duties as assigned.
- Support the administration of Worker’s Compensation and coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Conduct training sessions related to Ethics, benefits, safety, or others as required.
- Obtain approval for the purchase of safety materials for the organization.
- Management of pension and healthcare scheme for staffs.
- Confidential record keeping.