▪ Assist in the execution of the daily operational activities within HR in Nigeria and provide support and guidance to both managers and staff. This includes but is not limited to assisting in developing and executing local people procedures and policies, development of people objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
▪ Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
▪ Support managers in cultivating a high-performance, innovation-driven culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity.
▪ Support in ensuring legal compliance of HR policies and Nigeria employment regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
▪ Oversee and improve all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including ensuring up to date data in HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
▪ Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
▪ Work closely with the payroll team to effectively ensure timely payroll processing, including updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick leave, Cexceptions and benefit changes.
▪ Connect managers and staff through the Learning and Development function to compelling learning opportunities to address mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities.
▪ Monitor and implement, in close conjunction with your manager, staff retention, career and succession strategies. Work proactively to identify underperformance and thoughtfully address it professionally and swiftly.
▪ Participate in Employee Experience measurement programs, action planning and champion the cause of employee experience as a measure of leadership.
▪ Support coaching and development of leaders/managers on how to inspire and influence their teams as well as improve on their communication practices.
▪ Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook and organizational chart.
▪ Work closely and effectively with global HR Shared Services and Centers of Excellence teams to identify best practice and use it to define effective local business interventions.
▪ Share knowledge and insights with the wider People team to help shape best practice from a people perspective.
EXPERIENCE ,SKILLS & COMPETENCIES.
▪ You have a strong sense of business ethics and the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
▪ You demonstrate a deep understanding of Human Resources Management Processes, Culture and Performance Management with a ‘never settle mindset’ – always thinking big picture.
▪ You have excellent interpersonal skills, stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self-moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy.
▪ You have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, the ability to present and facilitate effectively. Storytelling via presentations is a strongly preferred skill.
▪ You have the ability to create effective working partnerships with senior leaders, challenge the thinking of others in respectful and thoughtful ways, influence upwards.
▪ You have a strong interest in leveraging data to inform decisions and can draw insights from data to improve processes, employee engagement and policy alignment across the business.
▪ You are excited about working in a challenging, changing, complex business environment that is constantly evolving and where we challenge conventional HR every day.
▪ You are able to design and implement employee engagement strategies that will meaningfully impact the individual and organization experience.
▪ You have the ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult issues.
▪ You are expected to act as a senior member of the local HR team, leading and mentoring upcoming HR staff.
▪ You are able to identify process and compliance gaps in HR practices, escalate and work with COE/Shared Services to build action plans to address and improve employees experience.
▪ You have knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Country labour/employee relations statutes and the capacity to apply them to the company.
▪ Ability to adapt applicable global labour laws into local practices as required.
- Competitive package covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.