Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carry out (or delegate where necessary) daily and weekly physical inspections
- Ensure all completed sites remain clean, organized and well functioning
- Organize and manage maintenance, repair, renovation works within specified timeframes
- Prepare and disseminate all relevant worksheets and reports within specified timeframes
- Attend construction site meetings and liaise with all necessary parties to ensure building works run smoothly with minimal or no delay
- Weekly stocktaking and reporting on completed and construction worksites
- Liaise with Office/Admin staff and provide the necessary paperwork to ensure timely payments for the smooth running of maintenance, repair and renovation works
- Prepare tenders, carry out contract negotiation, and issue award contracts to contractor/subcontractors
The facility manager is responsible for ensuring that all services provided on all the various sites are consistently rendered by:
- Ensuring all equipment are routinely serviced and replaced when necessary
- Managing relevant resources efficiently and effectively to minimize and eliminate downtime/troubleshooting
- Establishing and maintaining a strictly professional relationship with all clients
- Establishing and maintaining a transparent line of communication between management and clientele
- Providing all stakeholders with regular updates and reports
- He or she must be punctual, well-organized, and highly experienced in construction and facilities management, with at least five (5) years of working experience at a reputable company.
- Another key attribute is the ability to multi-task; this is absolutely core to this role.
- Must be skilled in the use of MS Word and Excel, and possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be reachable via phone at all times