Provide complex executive administrative support to relieve the Deputy Vice Chancellor of administrative tasks; process executive administrative details independently including the preparation of reports, coordination of functions, creation of technical and complex documents Be assigned responsibilities in any functional area of the DVC office
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Provide complex and confidential administrative/accounting support to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration, relieving the DVC of a variety of daily administrative and office detail; frequently serve as a liaison between the Vice Chancellor and the public, students, staff, and other external officials and as the primary contact for external contracts, credit cards, risk management, claims administration and insurance programs
- Interpret and implement policy, provide consultation and advice to management regarding important matters, through the University communication department, interact with governmental agencies on administrative concerns of Wigwe University, and engages in governmental relations
- Provide technical assistance in the coordination of Wigwe University property and liability, workers’ compensation, and student/athletic accident insurance programs; prepare claim documentation and follow-up information as required. Ensure compliance with all workers’ compensation program requirements; process, analyze and coordinate all claims with the University and third-party administrators
- Assist in the development and administration of complex contracts for the University; receive and review contracts from departments on behalf of the DVC; consult and confer with the Legal team and third-party administrators to evaluate and interpret contract provisions; ensure the use of appropriate legal contract form(s) to minimize exposure to risk and liability
- Prepare confidential information for the DVC Admin’s participation in collective bargaining. Work with legal counsel on issues concerning or involving the DVC Admin
- Determine and anticipate the needs of the DVC Admin regarding upcoming meetings or negotiations; report and communicate information verbally, in writing, and electronically where judgment, knowledge, and interpretation of policies and regulations may be necessary; manage meeting proceedings utilizing a variety of record keeping and recording models• Compose a variety of reports and complex correspondence, letters and memoranda on his/her own initiative on matters not requiring personal responses of the DVC Admin; take and transcribe minutes; maintain appropriate databases to create charts, spreadsheets or visual aids; organize and complete a variety of projects using appropriate computer software programs.
- Work independently, interfacing with all departments and offices in the delivery of effective administrative functions
- Manage or guide the work of any contract or freelance staff required for communication projects
- To be well informed and articulate in relevant issues concerning the strategic projects in the Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s Office
- To perform to high professional standards• To manage independently any errors or concerns at the earliest opportunity, or notify a senior member of staff as appropriate
- Use initiative in order to determine priorities, work with autonomy, and work effectively with senior colleagues
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the University’s business without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved
- To work within and actively support the equality and diversity policies and practices of Wigwe University to achieve its mission
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any Management Science, Business Admin, or related field•
- Minimum of 5-7years cognate experience in providing direct administrative support to a Chief Executive or Senior Administrative Manager
- Experience in managing the administrative elements of an office, including the provision of a ‘front of house service to a busy office, hosting high profile events and visitors, as well as general office management, for example, organizing purchases, ICT equipment, and estates matters
- Experience in creating project plans, supporting multiple projects, and seeing projects through to timely completion
- Experience in event organization and management, including booking, liaising, and negotiating with venues
- Experience in the servicing of meetings including the ability to disseminate outcomes clearly and concisely
- Sound knowledge of, or experience in, a higher education environment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.