To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
2. Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
3. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
4. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
5. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
6. Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
7. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
8. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
9. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
PurposeUnderstand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFPs Strategic Objectives. Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to teams work processes to supervisor. Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates. Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own units responsibilities will serve WFPs mission.
PeopleLook for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities. Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds. Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work. Create an I will/We will spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
PerformanceEncourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues. Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency. Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments. Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
PartnershipConnect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor. Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals. Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFPs teams and external partners in fulfilling teams goals and objectives. Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisors priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
A minimum of 5 years relevant administrative support experience is required in the following:
Has supported Administrative and operational activities that maintain operations functions and feed into overall strategic aims.
Has collated data, assisted in organizing Training, Conferences, workshops, and drafting reports that inform Administrative and operations activities. Must be computer literate
Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience in using tact and courtesy to Communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal and external).
Has good experience in managing flow of confidential information.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.