We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position. Ensure that all guests are served to the hotel's standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas. Takes orders for, and serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotel's standards in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order-taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, and returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy, etc, Without the egg, etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Coordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, and bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guests with any additional requests.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, and refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customer's table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist bus persons with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print the closing report and drop the cash off with the front office/accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from the EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Minimum academic qualification of a High school diploma or university graduate degree in any discipline is preferred.
- Previous serving experience is required.
- Excellent oral communication skills are required.
- Positive interpersonal skills are required.
- Can handle local language and English.
Remuneration: NGN 30,000 - 60,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.