- The M&E Manager will partner closely with the Nigeria team as well as the U.S.-based team to create and manage the M&E systems needed to support data-driven programming. S/he will oversee the collection of data in Nigeria and will clean and analyze these data and use them to provide inputs on the design and implementation of systems and processes to provide data-driven strategic M&E for our operational and programmatic impacts.
- The M&E Manager will work across all projects, but at the outset will focus primarily on supporting a new initiative to collect feedback from staff and entrepreneurs about what types of data will be useful for them, and will work with members of the Leadership Team and external data science partners to find ways to collect these data and to train staff and entrepreneurs on how to apply it to achieve business results. As part of this, s/he will champion an organizational culture shift from a focus on data being primarily for donor reporting or indicator tracking to using data for programmatic course correction and decision making by staff at all levels of the organization.
Specifically, the M & E Manager will:
- Monitor program activities to meet grant reporting requirements. Manage and execute M&E components of all projects to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Work with Training Manager on Staff Training & M&E Capacity-building – introduce field staff to basic M&E concepts; train, support, and oversee field staff in completing baseline and all other data collection activities, continuously work with the Country Director and U.S.-based M&E staff to improve M&E tools and processes
- Coordinate with the Leadership Team to develop M&E frameworks, including qualitative and quantitative indicators, for all new programs, and to create the M&E tools and systems to track these indicators.
- Work with Admin to create new dashboards, reports, and jobs in Salesforce to support day-to-day country operations and new programs, in alignment with donor requirements
- Regularly conduct Salesforce sweeps to identify any data entry issues and work with staff in the U.S. and the Nigeria offices to resolve these
- Conduct thoughtful analyses, using Salesforce dashboards, and report on findings to operations and programmatic staff; work with the Country Directors, Director of Programs, and Nigeria program staff to interpret these findings and to use them to make evidence-based programming decisions
- Facilitate research partnership needs – when research partners come in, help them hire enumerators, organize logistics, prepare interviews, etc.
- Present quarterly M&E reports to the Nigeria Country Team to inform and track business impacts
- Provide key data points for grant reporting; draft or support the development of sections of evaluation reports, presentations, and other contractual deliverables
- Coordinate and Co-develop the M&E activities, including surveys and use of data science in the organization and manage survey implementation and rollout
- Utilize M&E reports to provide advice and recommendations to Country Director and Impact Associate on our business model scalability and replication
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and the purpose of M&E
- Experience developing M&E frameworks, plans, systems, tools, and reports to support program tracking and documentation
- Statistical & analytical & report writing skills
- Knowledge of the project cycle management (situation/context analysis, conceptual models, theories of change, monitoring and evaluation, and exit)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to network and to develop and maintain strong relationships with field staff
- Proficient written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to communicate with a less literate audience
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a diversified team
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office, with deep expertise in using Excel to conduct quantitative analyses, and at least one M&E IT tool; experience with Salesforce and/or Taroworks a plus
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Adherence to our core values of Trust, Sisterhood, and Grit
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree, HND, or equivalent in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics, International Relations, or International Development
At least 2 years of professional experience using M&E to support the design, implementation, and monitoring of programs, particularly in the field of international development, climate change, and/or gender.