A Boutique hotel in Ikoyi, Lagos, is seeking to employ an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor, with the skills, qualifications, and attributes below
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Manage and
Monitor staff scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out respective job duties
- Conduct thorough inspections of guest rooms and provide feedback to the Manager on Duty daily.
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness and physical condition of the Resort, including guest rooms, meeting rooms, hallway, and public areas, and assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage
- Prepare daily roster, supervise and ensure that all housekeeping staff comply with quality standards
- Inspect storage
rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate
supplies, and good repair.
- Ensure the protection of guests' room numbers and policies regarding guest room access
- Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping and manage and control guests’ supplies and usage
- Work closely with Stock Control to protect supplies, conduct physical inventory, and prepare daily supplies usage
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties, such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
- Work closely with the maintenance department in preventative maintenance and reporting deficiencies, amongst others
- Be able to perform housekeeping functions, including cleaning rooms, closets, and door tracks; dusting and polishing furniture; removing dust, spots, and smears from windows, ledges, and frames; and removing dust on drapes weekly and realigning to correct position daily
- Develop short and long-term housekeeping plans and implementation for the Hotel
- Ability to maintain stock and storage rooms and work within departmental budget
- Minimum academic qualification of HND
- minimum of 4 years of Substantial Housekeeping experience within the hotel industry as a supervisor
- Working knowledge of room management systems and advanced knowledge of housekeeping processes and procedures
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through, motivation, training, and development
- Certified or
experienced hotel housekeeping executive/supervisor
- Good understanding of housekeeping cleaning and washing equipment, tools, and cleaning chemicals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and exhibit sound judgment
- Ability to develop and maintain gracious and efficient customer service
- Ability to deliver superior and consistent guest experience through housekeeping employee development, service standards, and training
- Manage competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards of delivery
- Self-motivated and exhibit calmness under pressure, with a flexible approach
- Knowledge of Opera is key
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.