Housekeeping Night Supervisor/ Night Shift Leader
GRAND SWISS HOTEL LTD
Hospitality & Leisure
The Housekeeping Night Supervisor is responsible for supervising and inspecting the work of assigned rooms and/or public area attendants to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives during the night time. Additionally, He/She should be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards anticipate and address guests service needs during the night shift.
- Use housekeeping checklists to ensure that the cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meet designated standards.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Request preventative maintenance or non-urgent repairs using the appropriate method and contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests Front Desk or At Your Service requests.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures and report any maintenance problems safety hazards accidents or injuries.
- Complete safety training and certifications properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel-required meetings at night time and also attend departmental training.
- Comply with the hotel's standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximise efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Ensure that housekeeping employees are during the night shift attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Inspect the Room Attendant’s work performance within the assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off, and turned in to the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control during the night shift.
- Clean maintain and store cleaning equipment Document and report outstanding issues.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways, and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active radio/official mobile to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the night shift.
- Report on the progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Update the room status in the Hotel Software/Property Management System or the Housekeeping Mobile App.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward them to Engineering.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff as and when required.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork during the night time.
- Prepare report and briefing sheet for the morning briefing.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the other support team to reach common goals.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other departments and employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Executive Housekeeper or hotel management.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND in Hotel Management
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in housekeeping preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience or training.
- Ability to push, pull and lift heavy items
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
- Have a friendly, welcoming, and full-of-life attitude.
- Able to find ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
- Proficiency in computer programs like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and working experience in hotel software like Opera, Protel, Fidelio, etc. is an added advantage.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.