An Event Coordinator, or Event Specialist, is responsible for overseeing particular tasks throughout the event planning process. Their duties include meeting with vendors at the venue location to help with set-up, running errands for supplies and decorations, and working with staff to ensure the completion of a successful event. Coordinators have to understand what it takes to make sure the logistics work out, keep everything within the allocated budget, and ensure that the event itself is carried out smoothly.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
- Planning event details and aspects, including seating, dining, and guests
- Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
- Remaining under budget with all costs
- Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for dealing with clients, vendors, and staff
- Strong organizational and planning skills to coordinate the actions of multiple parties
- Creative thinking skills to design events that fit the visions of the clients
- Multitasking ability necessary to move from one task to another at a fast pace
- Computer skills for using events management software, word processors, spreadsheets, and e-mail
- Basic accounting skills to track spending and stick to a budget
- Knowledge of risk management to identify potential legal liabilities and take steps to mitigate them
- Good networking skills to build relationships with vendors and suppliers and attract new customers
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 -120,000 monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.