Key Performance Objectives
1. Strategic Consulting
- Implement HR processes as defined by the Centers of Excellence (e.g., performance management, annual compensation, training initiatives, etc.)
- Work with the business unit, Centers of Excellence, and HR Shared Services to help implement HR policies and programs.
- Assess the current state of the business unit, proactively identify issues, and collaborate with other HR Offices to develop programs and solutions.
- Identify opportunities to support the business’ talent agenda and make recommendations to develop appropriate solutions.
- Understand the business unit’s operating environment and apply awareness of the business unit’s operational goals and objectives when implementing HR programs and addressing escalated HR issues.
- Manages BU-specific HR and talent projects; keeps leaders apprised of progress, risks, etc.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and assess any BU strategies/initiatives, etc. that may pose a risk to the organization and influence the plans needed to address the risks.
- Support delivery of diversity and inclusion HR programs or initiatives.
2. Stakeholder Management
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with different Business Unit Line of business in order to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Human Resources function and to identify changes in the Business Units.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business unit managers and employees and work closely with them to implement solutions to meet their current and future business needs
- Serve as employee advocate when involved in the design and/or implementation of HR programs
3. Operational Delivery
- Facilitate effective succession planning process and ongoing development conversations, partnering with executives to identify and proactively develop the next generation of leaders.
- Coach and advise line managers on organizational effectiveness and general HR issues, and provide basic Employee Relations guidance prior to escalating cases to appropriate parties.
- Monitor the performance management cycle throughout the year, promote manager and employee participation in performance management activities, and engage them to meet performance management deadlines and schedules.
- Resolve HR operations issues/problems for the business unit and liaise with Centers of Excellence / HR Shared Services for information as necessary.
- Liaison between the business and Learning experts to identify talent business needs (learning, etc.)
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, delivering effective talent management solutions that maximize employee engagement.
Qualifications, Experience / Skills
- A Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 – 8 of HR generalist experience
- Recruitment process knowledge, understanding and experience
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Solid HR administration experience
- Multiple stakeholder project facilitation
- Implementation of relevant Centers of Excellence’ solutions to address key business challenges
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of Human Resources concepts and principles
- Knowledge and experience of the business and its intricacies
- Problem Solving
- Result Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Ideas Generation
- Technical Competencies
- Organisational Development and Design
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Regulatory Governance and Compliance (Labour; Employee Relations and Transformation)
- Organisational Culture Enhancement
- Business Partnering/Consulting
- Business Acumen