· Works with the ED, Corporate Governance and Human Resources, in the formation and rollout of HR initiatives.
· Works closely with all B.O.S departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
· Liaises with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
· Anticipates the corporate climate and oversees the labor market trends in order to assist the CEO in creating and executing strategic plans.
· Recruits staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
· Develops HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term HR requirements (e.g employee engagement, employee retention, employee satisfaction).
· Develops and implements policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, absence management etc.
· Negotiates with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions.
· Administers payroll and maintaining employee records.
· Interprets and advises on employment law.
· Deals with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
· Plans and sometimes delivers training, including new staff inductions.
· Analyses training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
· Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the organization's compliance.
· With supervision from the ED, CG & HR, implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
· Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
· Recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
· Supervises office administration and ensures smooth operations within the business environment.
· Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
· Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
· Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
· Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
· Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
· Participates in a wide variety of project-related activities and initiatives
· Promotes equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Female Candidate Most preferred
- Interested candidate must reside between VI and Ibeju Lekki.