- Support the overall recruitment strategy by working closely with candidates, corporate recruiters, and external recruitment agencies, hiring managers, and other HR professionals to facilitate and support the recruitment and hiring process.
- Responsible for the recruitment process and lifecycle, including sourcing candidates, contacting candidates, conducting initial assessments, line interviews, and offers as well as coordinating the mobilization and on-boarding process.
- Support the Head, Human Resources in shaping the Human Resource Department as a center of excellence for talent management design and process improvement. Actively participate in process improvement activities in meeting this goal. This includes open communication at all levels, providing feedback, and presenting new ideas for improving Talent Management processes and programs.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested
- Maintain employee records, ensuring timely and accurate records, files papers, and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Introduce new staff to all employees and facilities in the Head Office
- Oversee the documentation and filling process of new hires.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Periodically update payroll information and data capture.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Respond in a timely manner and professionally to payroll (payslip) requests from internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Prepare Monthly Pension schedules and maintain professional relationships with PFA’s
- Prepare all regulatory and vendor payments (NHF schedule, HMO Payment)
Employee Welfare, Employee Health, and Wellness:
- Coordinate Health Management Organisation (HMO) providers, ensure all eligible employees are enrolled in their applicable plans, and proactively resolve employees’ HMO-related issues.
- Coordinate employee welfare issues such as birthday celebrations (email greetings and cake purchase), weddings, bereavements, TGIF, etc., and ensure that all applicable payments are processed in a timely manner
- Advice Line Managers on all employee relation matters (ensuring problems are dealt with speedily and at the lowest possible level, in accordance with laid down processes, procedures, and policies), including discipline, grievance, absence control, etc. as required.
Learning and Development:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Learning and Development strategy and framework to guide the development and growth of employees
- Support in designing organization-wide strategy and plans to meet learning and development needs
- Gather and analyze data on pre-and post-training feedback/survey and prepare analytics for HR Reports
- Developing a template for the design and implementation of e-learning programs to ensure compliance with best practice
- Assist in the development of learning programs that include multiple modalities: self-paced e-learning, virtual and face-to-face workshops, and on-the-job learning activities.
- Coordinate day-to-day training activities.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of The Graduate Trainee Program (GTP)
- Assist in the coordination and administration of all aspects of the GTP including planning, budgeting, organizing, leading, and controlling program activities by liaising with faculty members, training facilitators, and other stakeholders as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Management Science disciplines or any related discipline.
- 3 years of experience as an HR generalist
Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Generalist HR knowledge and competencies
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Laws and other statutory laws
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Very good communication skills – written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational skills
- Open and approachable