We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
We are looking for an experienced HR Associate to join our Human Resources team and help new employees adjust well to our work environment. The Associate’s responsibilities include measuring retention and turnover rates, helping create onboarding and mentoring programs. Ultimately, you will help ensure maximum efficiency for our HR functions.
If you have a knack for identifying trends, drawing useful conclusions and recommending solutions, we’d like to meet you.
Requirements to Apply:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, English, Communications, Education, or a related discipline (Master’s degree and /or Project Management Certification is preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in Human Resources Generalist or Specialist role.
• Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage the organization's Onboarding and Mentoring Programs
• Develop and execute a world-class onboarding program for new hires
• Develop and manage mentorship programs and monitor the mentoring cycle end-to-end
• Plan and implement succession planning process for high potential employees
• Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
• Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
• Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
• Assist with budget monitoring, payroll and other ad-hoc HR projects.
• Maintain digital copies of employees' records.
• Undertake tasks around talent and performance management
• Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
• Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
• Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies
• Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire, and employee turnover rates
• Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
• Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
• Effective HR administration and people management skills.
• Exposure to payroll practices.
• Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Good Qualities To Have:
• Highly tech-savvy with capability in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and HR Information systems
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Aptitude in problem-solving
• Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
• Professional certification in HR (e.g SHRM-CP, PHRi) is a plus
What we are offering:
• An entrepreneurial, startup and dynamic work environment.
• Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations.
• Opportunity to grow along with the company and be part of an impactful story.
• Competitive salary with additional benefits.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos.