- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue debt.
- Advising customers on their payment options and negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Following up with clients on previous payment arrangements.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- Reporting daily progress against targets to the Team Leader.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Good listening skills and superb questioning techniques.
- Infrastructure to work from home when necessary.