Autochek is a genuinely fast-paced and professional environment with vision to become the number one choice for Africans making an mobility-related transaction. They deliver services at the standards expected by their customers and implement new ideas at the highest speed possible on their market.
They are pioneers in the auto technology space on the African continent and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market.
About the role
They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Insurance to establish and oversee their Insurance division and provide expert guidance to the executive team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team, developing and implementing best practice policies and procedures relating to finance insurance, claims handling, repairs, and recoveries. They will also be expected to establish, drive and support a variety of issues, including contract negotiation, intellectual property, new products, in-country regulatory and licensing requirements and insurance litigation.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Manage the maintenance, development, performance, governance, administration, and delivery of the insurance provision for the organisation to produce an efficient service and delivery solution, maximizing efficiency, performance and best value against pre-agreed targets.
- Ensure that the team responsible for insurance understands its obligations, duties and its role within the organisation.
- Responsibility to adhere to agreed criteria and budgets and plan to maximise efficiency, best value and performance for both the Group and Customers.
- Meet your targets and those of the team and organisation as a whole.
- The smooth running of the of the team and organisation as a whole.
- Contribute to training and development of the team and organisation as a whole in respect of insurance related matters.
- Assist Autochek Marketplace and Autochek Financial Services in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans.
What should you have done in your career?
- Bachelor's degree, Masters, Doctorate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in an Insurance company, preferably Automotive and related products.
- Experience managing an Insurance team - end to end.
- Experience in contract negotiation, review, Insurance litigation.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other divisions, departments and external parties.
- Africa Insurance exposure would be highly beneficial.
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your work significantly influences the bottom line by mitigating financial risks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and optimizing insurance strategies, directly impacting the company's profitability and risk management.
Biggest problem solving duty in this role?
To develop innovative insurance products and strategies, addressing risk management while ensuring compliance, thus safeguarding the company and customers against potential financial liabilities.
What do you stand to gain
- Competitive salary
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.