Roles & Responsibilities
● Consistently evaluate and optimize departmental processes with a target to drive cost reduction, reduce turnaround time and increase profitability.
● Align the our operations with all other business units in order to achieve the global corporate objective.
● Ensure effective recruiting, on-boarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
● Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs.
● Design, developer and execute the global scaling strategy for the business in Nigeria and West Africa(Ghana, Ivory Coast) within 3 years.
● Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
● Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission, vision and strategic goals.
● Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared towards operational excellence.
● Planning and controlling change.
● Develop and execute the global marketing & sales strategy to generate a gross annual turnover of $5m, $10m & $25m in the first 3 consecutive years.
● Attain consistently agreed our global average gross margin in every market we operate in.
● Design, develop and reinforce a winning competitive advantage for our at all times.
● Develop and innovate service-based revenue business model which accounts for 50% of our profitability.
● Design, developer and execute the global scaling strategy for HomeConnect24 in Nigeria and West Africa(Ghana, Ivory Coast) within 3 years
● Position our as the #1 brand for home and SME business smart automation technology in every market we operate in.
● Fulfill the brand promise of our as an Affordable and Reliable Smart home and business solutions provider in every market we operate.
● Document the our business into a handbook which will be replicated across multiple our retail stores and operations.
● Develop, execute and continually optimize a our standard service turnaround time for digital retail delivery within 72 hours of customer purchase.
● Drive our business scaling organically through an Employee-own franchising model strategy.
● Implement and maintain a lean operational and administrative structure which maximizes Employee revenue turnover greater than $200,000.00 per employee.
● Establish a our business training online academy for the onboarding and development of our dealers across West Africa.
● Develop and implement a world class business and customer support program which guarantees award-winning service excellence
● Imbibe an SMART organizational culture that fosters Simplicity, Mindful Experience, Affordability, Reliability, Technology Innovation.
● Provide quarterly management reports to the board of directors on the attainment if set company goals and achieved objectives.
● Grow our Earnings Per Share by a minimum progression of 10% year on.
● Develop and implement a robust our management succession plan.
● Ability to incubate a start up business from conception to establishment
● Strategic Executive management ability in Business Development, Operations and Organizational Capacity building.
● Ability to implement and grow business franchises models
● Passion for Smart IOT technology
● C-level management experience in Marketing, Sales, Operations and Product development.
● 3-5 years management experience in a technology start-up venture
● 7-9 years experience in Management in a reputable and established technology service distribution and/or solutions company.
● Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
● Attention to detail and systematic approach to operational & business management
● Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
● A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
● Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
● A problem solver!
● BSc. in Engineering or other related sciences.
● MBA in business management
● Business Scaling experience
● International business experience
First 12 months Performance Deliverables for Chief Operations Officer
1. Reduce cost and waste across the entire company by 30% within the first 3 months.
2. Increase operations (Engineering, Support and Design) employee labor productivity to > 6 daily billable hours.
3. Drive revenue through a world-class recurrent month revenue service using the EAS product to greater than 80% of ALL existing clients of ours.
4. Deliver a world-class Central Monitoring Station for exquisite remote monitoring service.(RMS)
5. Attained ISO9001 quality Management certification for the company with the complete digital documentation of our business Workflow and Standard Operating Procedures across ALL departments by March, 2021.
6. Deliver an internationally rated design department with benchmarks the hallmark of CEDIA industry award winning Project Documentation by June, 2020.
7. Establish an effective and efficient Project Management Office to deliver > 90% of projects within Scope, Time and Cost whilst providing automated visibility to clients on Procurement and Project delivery status in real-time.
8. Drive a culture of excellence in our Engineering delivery standards with focus on attention to details and mitigation of engineering reworks to less than 1%.
9. Lead the entire operations team to world-class professionalism with the attainment of 80% staff industry certification with CEDIA and/or AVIXA by September 2020.
10. Drive the establishment of a world-class certified CEDIA learning and training institute in Nigeria by December 2020.