- Follow and complete all and any instructions given to you by senior member of staff
- Demonstrate respect to management and staff
- To set an example of excellence among staff and co workers (see Standards of Excellence)
- Keep a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Ensure smooth running of operations, and of all guests’ requirements and to consistently maintain the standards of service at all times (see Service Standards)
- To implement policies and systems as required by management
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the restaurant by following up on the cleaning schedule as designated by management and supervising the cleaners systematically – it is every member of the team’s responsibility to ensure that the restaurant is clean at all times
- Ensuring appropriate mis-en-place has been prepared and that all the needed tools for service are ready prior to service.
- Support any member of staff when not occupied
- Clear tables after guests, wipe tables and/ or seats with appropriate cleaning materials and replace all utensils, chinaware and glassware.
- Drop dirty dishes in the dishwashing section and scrape any leftovers into the bin
- Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove trash
- Restock all service counters with utensils, chinaware, glassware, menus and condiments
- Approach all guests in the correct manner according to SLOW standards
- To address guests with their names whenever possible
- Attend briefings and relevant departmental meetings
- Carry out any reasonable task that is set out by management
- Adhere to all policies outlined by management
- Follow all service steps as outlined by management
- Must possess SSCE/OND/Catering Diploma
- Must be confident and have friendly disposition
- Must be very courteous,
- Good understanding of food combination and product Knowledge.
- Must possess good communication skill