MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of the Marine operations department and activities therein
- Creating and maintaining a database of all vessels handled by the company and generating monthly/quarterly and annually reports to management.
- Collate information on tankers movement at all Nigeria West Africa Terminals and process same for publishing daily Tankers position including Crude, Gas and Product reports
- Ensuring a timely response to emails/nominations and prompt reporting of activities of vessels under our agency.
- Ensuring that vessels clearances are in place prior berthing/sailing.
- Obtaining vessel’s relevant clearances from government agencies like DPR, Customs, PPPRA, NPA, Immigrations, Narcotics amongst others and following up where there are issues.
- Adhering and complying with Safety Procedure and Policy in accordance with Safety Management system,
- Observing HSE / operational hazard and reporting to safety officers / management
- Shall prospect/ source for new businesses and deliver on shipping agency, third party ship management and marine services.
- Help in identifying and developing new market segments, creating/tapping new opportunities and developing relationship with Key customers.
- A University degree in a related field.
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office suites.
- Ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and systems in a target-based environment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Proven ability to enforce safety procedures.
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
Salary: NGN 350,000- 450,000