The ideal candidate will ensure that post-production schedules and budgets are prepared and manageable for all feature and short film productions. The individual will provide support in preparing the necessary documentation, conducting research for creating the distribution plan for movie releases and liaising with distribution partners through the process of theatrical and Non-theatrical distribution of Feature Films. The individual will also maintain clarity of information and good channels of communication between the producer and every post-production service provider.
The individual is expected to be a movie lover, good communicator with a creative mind as well as an eye for detail. He/she must be aware of past and present film campaigns, and keep his/her eyes peeled for profitable movie distribution channels.
· Liaise with film exhibitors for film releases
· Coordinate international and domestic theatrical distribution of feature films
· Liaise and negotiate with sales agents and distributors both domestic and international
· Liaise with Marketing & PR Department during the theatrical distribution of a film
· Keep financial and statistical records of distribution/sales and report accordingly
· Create Distribution/Sales Report of Feature Films
· Create the Plan for a Film’s Distribution.
· Assist in negotiating business deals with potential film buyers
· Develop sales leads for released films – new distribution platforms to be exploited (if any)
· Collaborate with marketing department to create and implement Cinema Marketing Plans
· Coordinate every distribution plan for every film and ensure all the distribution platforms are exploited accordingly e.g. PAY-per-VIEW TV, cable TV, airline distribution, and SVOD etc.
· Analyze the performance of competitive releases i.e. release dates, box office results, revenues, release costs etc.
· Supervise the release schedules and changes in release dates (if applicable)
· Help manage and maintain a close working relationship with the film exhibitors, local and international Sales Agent and Distributors
· Liaise with the Legal Department to prepare contracts for exhibitors, local and international sales agents and distributors
· Attend editing and other review sessions with Director, Producer(s); and keep notes of each review.
· Manage logistics for delivery and retrieval of distribution assets (DCPs, Hard drives, Posters, Banners, etc.) from exhibitors
Qualification and Experience:
· BSc/BA/HND in any related discipline
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Previous experience in a movie production/distribution company will be preferred
· Understanding of video post production process will be an added advantage
· Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HDR and 4K
· Be interested in the film industry and film exhibition
· Be knowledgeable and passionate about film and movie making
· Have good experience of the film industry and knowledge of film markets
· Good knowledge of social media (blogs, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
· Strong computer skills with Microsoft office
· Familiarity with Avid, Premiere, Resolve, Movie Magic Budgeting is a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail will be an added advantage
· Excellent communication skill
· Excellent negotiation skill
· Be aware of different cultural trends and market dynamics across territories
· An outgoing personality and ability to build mutually beneficial relationships
· Flair for movie distribution and shows genuine interest in the industry and type of work
· High sense of accountability and ethical standards.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be a team player
· Ability to multitask on multiple projects
· Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and can work independently
· Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
· Must have a good business sense and must be a good negotiator
· Have good financial skills and salesmanship
· Presentation and pitching skills