- Manage MD’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary, acting as a first point of contact, dealing with correspondence, phone calls, and controlling access to the MD.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including flights, visas/accommodation).
- Process Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Director’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of the Director’s contacts and liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients.
- Screen calls, enquiries, and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director.
- Organise meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Manage databases and filing systems
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the MD, eg completing some corporate governance reporting (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations) or conducting research as required.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Supervise all company’s incoming/outgoing mail.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the MD.
- MD’s contacts.
- Business partners.
- External stakeholders.
- Prospective new clients/businesses
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experienced Personal Assistant at senior management level.
- Experience in electronic diary management, well spoken and presentable.
- Experience of working in a similar work environment/industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to the company, and must have some HR experience.
- Ability to organise and plan own work, and represent the MD at meetings when required.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.