The Lead Instructor is responsible for the overall teaching and curriculum-development related operations of the firm. The ideal candidate must be able to accurately represent the Board and embody the vision of the school in his/her relations with staff, students, parents, and the broader community.
• Reports directly to the Board of Directors.
• Oversees the Educational Program of the school, officiates the design of curriculum and assessment protocols with the assistance of the Director of Education.
• Responsible for curriculum development and lesson plan development for the students.
• Ensures regular instructor evaluations, provides capacity building opportunities, and ensures close monitoring of teaching service delivery.
• Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the school.
• Supervises the development of basic Montessori packs for students and ensures that classrooms have appropriate instructional materials.
• Supervises and participates in the selecting and hiring of properly-qualified persons to fill vacancies where the need arises.
• Builds relationships with prospective and current parents supporting the admission and retention of children in the after-school program.
• 3 - 7 years management experience in a Montessori focused institution.
• Master’s degree or post graduate qualification will be an advantage.
• Montessori Certified Training or extensive experience with Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
• Teaching Experience on the British Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance.
• Basic ICT Skills
• Proficiency and or experience with special needs children will be an advantage
• Proficiency with written and spoken English.
Average Man-hours Per week for Lead Instructor: 8-12 Hours
The recruited Candidate would be expected to resume in January, 2021.