1. Write stories for the magazine, taking assignments from the editor-in-chief, editor or managing editor.
2. Responsible for pitching article ideas to senior editors.
3. Proofread and edit stories.
4. improving the copy by rewriting sentences to make them flow better
5. organizing content to make the piece more logical, removing information that’s not necessary, contacting the writer to ask for more information or editing to make sure an article fits in the allotted space.
6. Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
7. Research and authenticate facts, dates, and statistics.
8. Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience.
9. Coordinate with designers, photographers, writers, and artists.
10. Coordinate with writers, reporters, and other media team employees.
11. Meet tight schedules and monitor budgets.
12. Proofread and edit stories or art pieces