Web Press Operator
StreSERT Integrated Limited
Creative & Design
Our client, a foremost printing and corporate support service providers in Nigeria and Africa, is currently looking to hire a Web Press Operator to ensure that the quality of all printed materials meets the standards set out by clients.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Operate and maintain a web press to produce printed materials.
- Determine printing job requirements by reviewing job specifications.
- Organize job sequence and paper requirements.
- Set-up web presses by loading stock and adjusting for size; mounted and set printing plates and cylinders; adjusted pressures and tensions; loaded and set inking mechanism.
- Establish quality by pulling proof copies for the QA department.
- Maintain production and quality by inspecting production.
- Minimize downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns.
- Setup commercial web offset printing press from setting up rolls of paper stock to running the press including setting ink densities, maintaining ink levels, setup and control of the folder, and setup and control of the signature bundling stacker for the final product.
- Handle machine setup from back to front to ensure complete and organized signature bundles.
- Adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line, and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical.
- Review job specifications to determine the press set up according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension, and register, etc.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's Degree in any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Web Press Operator or similar role.
- Proficiency in operating heavy machinery.
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documents.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Web Press Operator.
- Candidate must possess the ability to troubleshoot, understand every component of the offset printing press; be familiar with quality standards, and have the experience to handle all types of web press equipment and tools.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.