ABNM HR STAFFING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Food Services & Catering
We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g., about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, regular order pad, or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate, this may be when they notice the art on the tables or wall and ask about it. Learn from the information slips ahead of time so you can speak knowledgeably and then refer them to the Gallery itself.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages (when this becomes part of the café’s selections, and you are not sure the person is old enough.)
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant, café, or other eating or drinking establishment
- Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers' orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
- This position is open preferably to a female candidate
- Proven work experience (at least 2yrs) as a waitress and proven customer service experience as well
- Person must pass background check which includes providing 3Guarantors and 3Referees
- Posses good customer service skills.
- The ability to work well with others.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A desire to help people.
- Active listening skills.
- A good memory.
NB: Our background checks are rigorous and invasive, therefore, candidates who are not able to meet up with the background check requirement should not bother applying.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.