A well-established secondary and A’ Level college in Akure, Ondo State, requires the services of separate teachers in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, Christian Religious Studies (CRS), history, marketing, business studies etc. The successful candidate will plan, deliver, and assess their assigned subjects. They will conduct all other activities required for ensuring that their students learn and succeed in their examinations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Plan, teach, and assess the subjects assigned to them using appropriate materials and methods.
- Conduct initial assessments, and diagnostic testing and produce Individual Learning Plans for learners.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records, registers, timetables, tracking sheets, etc., and make these available on demand to the college administration and external agencies.
- Act as personal tutor to a group or groups of students as required.
- Assist with marketing, enrolment, and induction of students, evaluation, and other administrative and promotional tasks as may be required to support courses/programs and the work of the College.
- Take an active part in all aspects of quality assurance, including Internal Verification (IV), course review and evaluation, and other statistical returns.
- Prepare assignment materials and examination questions as appropriate.
- Mark and grade assessments, and give written or verbal feedback as required, to support students' progress.
- Share in the responsibility for ensuring good standards of students' behavior and take the appropriate disciplinary actions when required.
- Undertake other duties as may be directed by the principal (or his/her delegated representative) for the appropriate administration of the College.
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in the subject to be taught.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience of teaching relevant courses and subjects
- Pastoral or equivalent experience and understanding to support the broad needs of students
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to motivate and enthuse students
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.