Special Education Teacher/Therapist
Research, Teaching & Training
Our Client is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher/Therapist who will be responsible for Homeschooling and providing therapy for a student on the Autism spectrum. You will design an IEP, Individualised Education Plan to meet students’ learning requirements. However, we can engage an experienced professional that can assist with the above. You will also discuss with the parents and support staff important matters that might impede students’ progress. Ultimately, you will help to inspire the student to achieve important learning milestones.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Monitor student's behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing, bead making, outdoor sporting activities, etc )
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict.
- Help the student to acquire and enhance life skills required for independent living.
- Inform parents about their child’s performance and challenges.
- Coach/mentor others who work with the student.
- Minimum academic qualification of BEd/BSc/BA in Special Education or related discipline.
- 1-year relevant experience or ability to learn quickly.
- Proven experience as a Special Education Teacher/ Therapist or relevant role.
- Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
- Experience working with persons with learning difficulties.
- Ability to create IEPs
- A patient, honest, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.