- The PDM is responsible for recruiting new Microsoft Partners in the marketplace. The PDM researches Industry and customer need to identify where Microsoft has gaps in its portfolio of partners to meet customer needs or, there are opportunities to disrupt the marketplace with new and differentiated solutions and services that can transform business for Microsoft customers. The PDM leads the 360-degree business relationship with companies through the process of bringing new service offerings and solutions to market.
- The PDM engages at the very highest level of executives building trust and by developing joint business plans defining Go-To-Market strategies, driving the implementation of all aspects of the strategy, and orchestrating relationships between the partner's technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to achieve sales targets.
- The PDM represents Microsoft to new partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption, and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications & solutions leading to workload/industry-based co-sell. The Partner Dev Manager will work with strategic partners to join Microsoft Cloud Platform and build solutions that will provide unique expertise and solve customers’ business challenges.
- Recruitment Strategy and Planning - Develop Partner Recruit Strategy and Compete Plan: research, qualify and analyze potential new partners, articulating market insights about competitors. Create Recruit strategic partners target list based on Recruit Council, Capacity Plan, Industry Solution Categories, and Segment priorities. Target list of highest value solutions for the territory.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with partners - Builds expansive network with Business and Technical managers: sharing ideas, perspectives, building trusted advisory reputation within partner team. Create Executive Sponsorship and Relationships to build trust and drive for commitments.
- Build New Solutions – Secure partner commitment to building net-new solutions on Microsoft cloud platform. Evangelize profitability of MS relationship, MS value proposition, quantify market opportunity, and align expectations on engagement, deliverables, SLA, programs, and services. Coordinate engagement of teams required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
- Leverage and request Microsoft Programs Services to:
- Support partner on launching new solution on Marketplace and ensure a solution is discoverable
- Create/execute GTM plan for new solution
- Coordinate with Channel Managers for first customer opportunities
- Supervise partner engagement with Microsoft Programs, ensure SLA and Partner satisfaction and deliverables.
- Drive business growth - Accountable for the growth of the business across the solution area partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as support global expansion. Demonstrate account management excellence through high-quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
- Partner Experience – Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for a long-term partnership, or transfer partner to programmatic assistance when no longer appropriate for PDM engagement.
- Compliance - Personally, commit to generating and protecting Microsoft's trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/services are brought to market
- Strong experience in managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through
- Bachelor's degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.