- Develop product requirements and roadmaps
- Leading product managers and coordinating with engineering, operations and other teams
- Incorporating feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Collaborate with engineering team, product owners, program managers to share required product properties
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master on the product backlog prioritization to ensure incremental delivery of features
- Create clear-cut product requirements and product design documents for internal team.
- Collaborate and iterate with other stakeholders to manage competing priorities and guide decision making in-line business strategies.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Systems Engineering team to negotiate on the technical implementation options and make decisions based on the customer and business needs
- Create vision and multi-year roadmaps for products and programs; seek feedback/buy-in on roadmap as needed; keep roadmap up-to-date and in sync with development
- Exercise knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) to enhance product features and internal processes
- Utilize meaningful KPIs and metrics to articulate progress made and impact on the customers; plan for capturing and reporting success metrics from the beginning
- Establish and review test plans; lead UAT to ensure team capability requirements and deadlines are met
- Conduct periodic feedback sessions with Enterprise Systems Engineering teams to continuously iterate and improve team processes and performance.
This position reports to the Head of Enterprise Systems Product.
Proven Experience in Product Management Role
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a Product Manager, Program or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Excellent communication skills; organizational and leadership abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude; creative thinking skills
- In Depth knowledge and hands-on experience of modern technology stack
- Demonstrated ability to understand business need and accurately interpret data to support data driven decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Demonstrated experience with workflow management systems; experience with Atlassian tools (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk)
- Experience collaborating with Enterprise Systems Engineering Operations at a reasonable level of technical depth
- Ability to efficiently prioritize projects and manage multiple dynamic priorities.
- Proven ability to leverage technology to translate business requirements.
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos.