Research, Teaching & Training
SI is seeking a full-time, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist who will contribute to the implementation of activities for this project in support of the USAID/Nigeria Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office. The MEL Specialist should possess strong familiarity with the EGE sector and experience across the MEL spectrum, including conducting a variety of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. This position will be based in Abuja and the MEL Specialist will serve on a full-time basis throughout the remainder of the project period of performance. This is a position hired under Social Impact (SI), Navanti’s subcontractor. SI is a global development management consulting firm that provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. SI works across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 SI has worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Collaborate with the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and CLA Leads to contribute to the implementation of MEL activities.
- Help to support the integration of MEL into learning and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Monitoring responsibilities: Participate in activity case studies, and site visits to monitor activities, and conduct data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Conduct a review of existing project- and activity-level MEL plans and recommend refinements to USAID/Nigeria’s MEL plan.
- Assessment/Evaluation responsibilities: Manage and/or participate in evaluation teams, including conducting data collection throughout Nigeria, data analysis, and report writing.
- Conduct and/or support analyses and assessments as needed, including but not limited to assessments for the midcourse stocktaking for the 2020-2025 CDCS and any successor CDCS, Political Economy Analysis, Gender Analysis, etc.
- CLA responsibilities: Support training USAID, Government of Nigeria, and implementing partner staff on MEL.
- Facilitate and/or support multiple learning events bringing together a variety of stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities: Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables for all assignments.
- Develop program recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data. Develop dissemination plans for reporting and sharing findings with USAID/Nigeria. Other ad hoc MEL activities, as required.
- Academic qualification of Master’s degree in economic growth, environment, or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in EGE-related fields, or Ph.D./Master’s degree and four years of relevant experience in EGE-related fields.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in food security, agriculture, energy, private sector engagement, and/or water resource management in Nigeria.
- Experience conducting MEL activities related to these sectors including development of MEL plans at the activity and project level, monitoring activities, data quality assessments, evaluations, MEL training and capacity building, implementing learning agenda activities, as well as other MEL technical activities.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills. Proficiency in relevant software such as SPSS, Stata, NVivo, or others preferred.
- Substantial experience working with USAID and local stakeholders in managing evaluation processes.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with the USAID program cycle and evaluation policy.
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.