Our ideal candidate is able to interpret customers’ behavior and suggest creative ways to increase brand awareness. This individual will be a proven team player and interested in building experience across a broad array of communications and marketing functions, including graphic design, digital marketing, website management, and partnership management.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator reporting to the Chief Executive is responsible for executing marketing-related tasks in support of LOS Lifestyle’s programs, and events. The Individual will ensure our company’s marketing efforts help us achieve our immediate and long-term business goals.
Candidate must provide references of past work. This position will be filled as an initial 4-month contract with the option of transitioning into a medium-term position as mutually agreed upon.
Key Role Responsibilities
Marketing Communications day-to-day activities include:
· Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s African and Diaspora target customers.
· Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
· Manage end-to-end planning and execution of marketing campaigns and promotions in line with company’s marketing strategy
· Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast).
· Manage LOS social media platforms and analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns and marketing plans.
· Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
· Advanced proficiency in English with minimum of bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
· At least 4 years of experience in marketing, social media or communications
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Tools, Google analytics with Photoshop and/or Canva experience preferred.
· Attention to detail and ability to manage an event and program logistics
· Proficient in presentation/live streaming, multiple social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
· Experience with research methods using data analytics software
· Ability to communicate in writing, video, GIFs, pictures, stickers and anything else at your disposal to get your message across in a clear and engaging way.
· Work in developing marketing and growth emails, with special attention to organizing and maintaining email lists.
· Excellent copywriting and digital conversationalist who not only embody, but enhance, our brand’s voice on social.
· Collaborate and create, editing, and reviewing marketing materials using online design tool, Canva.
· Coordinate and oversee shoots with videographers and photographers and serve as an on-staff photographer for events.
· Proven work experience as a Public Relations Officer, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Officer or similar role
· Solid computer skills, including MS Office, web analytics and Google Adwords
· Strong understanding of driving online engagement and conversion
· Strong copywriting and storytelling skills; high work standards
· Expertise with SEO/SEM campaigns