The Church Keyboardist is a committed Christian willing to help to fulfil the mission of the Parish who provides keyboard music and accompaniment for scheduled worship services and other activities in support of the music ministry of the church. Having a pivotal role in the musical life of the church, this individual should be a strong team player.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Minimum of a Degree in Music from a reputable University or Diploma from a recognized School of Music
- High standards of Christian conduct with evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit
- An understanding of and commitment to the church’s mission statement and core value
- Experience in church worship, with both keyboard and other music and hymnody (understanding and familiarity with blended worship expected)
- Flexibility to play in blended style worship services (incorporating both traditional and more contemporary music)
- Knowledge of the instrument and keyboard ability sufficient to play hymns, modern songs and anthem accompaniments.
- Ability to sight-read and improvise is desired.
- High degree of competence on the keyboard, and the ability to accompany groups and individuals
- Knowledge of basic music theory and ability to perform simple transpositions or reharmonizations
- Ability to read chord charts and lead sheets
- Willingness to rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music
- Ability to communicate well and in a friendly manner with the church leadership, church choir and orchestra, and members of the congregation
- Desire to maintain a constant program of self-improvement
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Always exhibit professionalism
- Sensitivity to what makes worship effective.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) but with a focus on contemporary music.
- Ability to compose, arrange, write, and sequence music.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.