Early Years and Nursery Teacher
Research, Teaching & Training
A reputable school in Abuja is seeking a team player to take their school to the next level in the areas of art, science, music, humanities, early years, and health. The candidate is to resume immediately.
- Minimum Qualification:N.C.E
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Administers and develops subject-specific assessments for the purpose of assessing pupils' competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of pupil’s progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; pupil achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses pupil progress toward learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to pupils, parents, and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents, and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of pupil outcomes, and achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsel pupils for the purpose of improving performance, health status, appropriate behavior, problem-solving techniques, and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates and differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject-specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual pupil requirements.
- Directs assistant teachers, pupil teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers, and/or pupil workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instruct pupils for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Manages pupil behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors pupils in a variety of educational environments (e.g., classroom, outdoors, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Leads or Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (eg grades, lesson plans, etc, following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, suspected verbal abuse, harassment, zero-tolerance offenses, etc) for the purpose of maintaining the personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment, and adhering to state law and board policies.
- Minimum academic qualification of BEd/BSc(Ed)/BSc, PGDE, NTI, or NCE qualifications.
- Must have Montessori and EYFS experience
- Having additional language local and international skills would be an advantage
- Having additional music and art skills would be an advantage
- Having extra-curricular skills (swimming, taekwondo, chess, scrabble) would be an advantage.
- Ability to use the computer as a work tool and as a class teaching aid.
- Community service, team building, and volunteering skills are required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.