Objectives of this Role
• Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy • Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning. • Oversee the Business development team comprising of sales, marketing and developing new business pipelines
• Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
• Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention of the team
• Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
• Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short to long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
• Directly oversee operations, business development, customer service and IT and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget to achieve growth targets
• Aggressively manage customer service, sales and operational expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
• Monitor performance of teams with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
Leadership and strategy
• Mentor and coach team members along the line of leadership and job effectiveness
• Active participation in strategic objectives
• As a member of the senior Management Team (SMT) and the Executive committee (Exco) the incumbent will fully participate in all the team activities, taking collective responsibility for the corporate governance of the Organization.
• Develop short, medium, and long-term business objectives which are effective, affordable, and achievable month on month which translates to strategic services plans, and corresponding to key performance indicators which conform with established guidelines.
• Develop and maintain productive business relationships with external partners and key stakeholders including regulatory bodies and agencies and other pertinent stakeholders, as required. • Prepare and agree service level agreements with vendors at all levels covering the depts under supervision
• Accountable for customer experience across the Hospital facilities
• Act as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with every clients and partners
Operational and performance management
• Delegate authority and commensurate responsibility and accountability to Departmental Heads under supervision
• Develop and implement robust and effective planning and control systems to monitor operational performance against the strategic key performance indicators
• Develop robust action plans to address areas of under-performance. among team members • Ensure that clinical support services meet all Clinical Directorate needs and are fit for purpose at all times. This includes clinical support services in facility management, customer service, business development activities
• Establish collaborative operational relationships and networks with service managers (Medical Directors, Chief Nursing Officer, Operations and facility Managers, Clinical group etc.)
• Develop, implement and continuously review comprehensive operational support services, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and implement new or redesigned services to meet the needs of patients and raise standards of practice, productivity and value for money.
• Senior level collaboration and engagement within hospital facilities to influence and foster cross facility collaboration and the development of common ways of delivering operations services • Accountable for facilities and infrastructure planning
• Develop and enforce technology driven operations and processes using Hospital Information System, Electronic Medical Records and other tools.
• Facilitate data-driven decision making across the organization that leads to meaningful actions
• Ensures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
• Undertakes special projects and every other duty as directed by the CEO
Key Result Area:
• Patient experience
• Operational efficiency
• Budget performance
Competencies, Skills and Educational Qualification
Competencies and Skills
• Business Acumen- business development, sales and marketing, customer service and operations • Project Management
• Interest in Information Technology transformation
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Environment standards and requirements
• Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
• A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
• Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
• Relationship management- outsourced operations and demonstrated success in managing vendor and supplier relationships
• Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity and accountability
• Change leadership
• People leadership
• Planning, delegating and supervising
• Crises management
• Attention to details
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• 1st degree or equivalent in commercial discipline, or any other relevant field.
• Master’s in Business Administration preferred
• A certification in Project Management is desirable
• 10 -15 years cognate experience in FMCG, Hospitality or integrated marketing / managed care industry, 7 of which must be in executive leadership positions