- Be aware of and understand the wider CIB business, economic, and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Be aware of and understand the Group’s business strategy for Financial Markets and understand its implications on operational risk
- Proactively engage with FM COO teams and other support/control functions that service the FM Business
- Promote awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Assist in the delivery of the management agenda – drive initiatives designed to improve financial performance, operational efficiency, and risk
- Represent the business when interacting with the support functions.
- Support the business in an advisory capacity for business initiatives and requests’
- Recommend and drive continuous improvements in the business, i.e. identify and execute ad-hoc improvements to business processes, policies, structure, and roles.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audit reviews – liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely/accurate information is provided. Review audit findings and key themes, assisting the business to achieve timely resolution of action plans.
- Responsible for supporting the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensuring material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence per group policy. Root Cause Analysis to be carried out where required and ensure any findings are remediated.
- Responsible for being the go-to person for the business for all operational risk-related incidents and queries that arise, and becoming a business end-to-end subject matter expert in all Financial Markets products offered by the Bank in this market
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country and with other Financial Markets operational risk managers to increase transparency and share key learnings and best practices
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of information recorded in risk tracking system (M7), as well as ensuring accuracy, completeness of data and timely resolution of action plans to address risk identified
- Responsible for ensuring FM Nigeria maintain an up-to-date BCP and BIA document and serving as deputy DCC for the FM Business.
- Ensure BCP and DR tests are conducted for the FM business in line with the bank policy.
- Serve as the first point of contact for activities of the dealing room-Dealing Room Manager.
- Responsible for managing clients’ complaints about Financial Markets
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting the appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
Risk Management & Governance:
- Assess the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there is the opportunity for improvement
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries
- Accountable for the identification of operational risk for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Control Sample Testing (CST) process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards, and facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). Work with process owners to ensure sign-off on all new and amendments to existing CST’s and that same are tabled at NFRF and other governance forums.
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges, and trends to the regional lead, COO, and business head when required
- Prepare papers or provide updates as requested by governance committees;
- Responsible for ensuring periodic peer reviews and spot checks are carried out on any business areas that raise a cause for concern.
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- [CBN, FMDQ prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].