CHIDOL PROPERTIES LTD
Building & Architecture
We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- The Project Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing all financial and contractual aspects of construction projects. This includes cost planning, budget management, and contract administration.
- Success in this position is demonstrated through the successful completion of projects within budget and on schedule, as well as maintaining positive relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- This role is a key member of the project team and works closely with the project manager, design team, and subcontractors to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager and will be responsible for managing a team of junior Quantity Surveyors.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the preparation of tenders and contracts, management of project budgets, cost control, and measurement and valuation of works in progress.
- The role will also involve the preparation of final accounts and the management of claims and variations.
- The role requires strong commercial acumen, good communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Overall, the Project Quantity Surveyor plays a crucial role in the overall financial success of construction projects, by providing the necessary financial expertise and management to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Quantity Surveyor on construction projects
- Strong understanding of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC
- Proven experience in cost planning, budget management, and contract administration
- Experience in preparing tenders and contracts, management of project budgets, cost control, and measurement and valuation of works in progress
- Strong commercial acumen and good negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team
- Knowledge of relevant software and tools such as MS Project, Excel, and Estimating software
- Professional membership in RICS or CIOB is desirable.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.