In this role, you are responsible for planning and overseeing all the operations within DODO. You are required to assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the firm internally (and externally, should internal tasks overflow to external activities). In doing this, you are to ensure projects, meetings, and activities take place at the time when they are to, without delay or hindrance, and that they run effectively. You will be expected to work closely with management and the Project manager to ensure quality assurance of every project before it leaves DODO’s doors. This means every report, every document, and every visual must be checked by you to ensure that there is no error before it leaves.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
We are a research and strategy firm, which means you will be responsible for planning our field research activities across the entire region(s) we will work in, and also the internal meetings and strategy sessions we will do. Meetings with external partners, vendors, or even research participants will be expected to run on time and smoothly under your jurisdiction. You will be expected to assist the Project manager to take part in managing team tasks and client relations, from the initial ideation through to the completion of every project. In achieving this, you are to assist in coordinating people and processes to ensure projects are delivered, on time, within budget, and with the desired outcomes aligned with both the client and DODO’s objectives.
- As Operations manager, you are to ensure that all technology and tools e.g. Miro, Asana, Basecamp, Google Suite, Toggl, and others, are running smoothly for the team’s delivery and effectiveness. Team members will be required to reach out to you should any issues arise from their use of these materials, you will immediately reach out to management to ensure this is quickly resolved. Over time, you will also be expected to manage the renewals of all these tools.
- The management of team members. These include onboarding new staff and allotting people to projects according to their qualities and characteristics.
- You will also in the future be responsible for helping to recruit people into the business, approving leave applications, dealing with absences due to sickness, or personal problems, and all the other HR duties.
- Essentially you oversee projects (at a macro level), but are also to look after the performance on everything that is not related to projects,
- In helping the team do their best work, you will be responsible for ensuring each team member is empowered to be on time and perform their best at all times.
- Have an awareness of costs and budgets within projects and the greater context of the business
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team from diverse fields and sectors.
- Helping team members quality check reports, documents, and files to ensure there are no errors before sending them out to the client.
- Take initiative to lead in general and especially at meetings, know the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly agenda of the company, and ensure it runs on time and efficiently. No meetings should be ‘waiting’ under your watch! They should start on time, whether you’re in attendance or not. If you’re not to attend, you are expected to ensure that the meeting starts on time and runs smoothly, by checking in with another team member who attended the meeting or via another way.
- Analyze any problem in team delivery or project running in detail to uncover any issues that may help identify the root of the matter.
- Define resources that are needed and manage resource availability & allocation within the company.
- After the Project manager has prepared a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones & activities for every given project, you are to make sure that the company (and team) has the necessary tools and resources for it.
- Track projects at a macro level (e.g. weekly or monthly) to ensure smooth running of all operations within the firm.
- Managing the relationship and communication with the vendors, partners, and other similar stakeholders, ensuring that all that concerns the efficient running of activities and projects goes smoothly.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in any related discipline
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills- Have the ability to speak clearly, concisely, and respectfully with all team members, as well as clients.
- Proficiency in using collaboration and productivity tools
- Make quick decisions when times demand it
- Be a problem solver: Come up with possible solutions to the problem and their respective pros and cons.
Remuneration: NGN 400,000 or higher monthly, depending on performance and experience
- After 6 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be entitled to a health insurance program, utilizing the Employer’s chosen provider.
- After 12 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be eligible for a developmental program of their choice, within a budgetary cap mandated by the Employer.
- After 18 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be entitled to pension contributions. The Employer will share details of this when the time comes.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.