A human rights non-governmental organization based in Lagos and Abuja is seeking highly qualified lawyers for the position of Legal Adviser (Two positions in our Lagos Office) in its Litigation and Legal Advice Unit.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Conducting legal analysis and researching legal matters.
- Providing advice on legal matters.
- Drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and briefing documents.
- Reviewing legal material.
- Formulating formalities regarding settlements of disputes.
- Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses.
- Applicants must have at least: 7 years post-call litigation experience and knowledge of the anticorruption and human rights fields
- Strong commitment to human rights, transparency and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to think legally, analytically, strategically and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Capacity to appropriately plan and prioritize and to manage multiple demand efficiently
- Ability to defend and explain complex issues and positions to staff and to advocate on these positions externally
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within and outside the organization.
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive but subject to experience
Interested applicants should please submit a letter of interest, resume, and a short writing sample to: NGO Vacancy
Application Deadline: Please apply immediately or by 29 February 2024.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.