DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and assesses the effectiveness of the existing internal controls at the Finance and Accounts Department at the Head Office, Zonal Offices, and branches.
- Review of the internal GLs of the bank (Head Office, Zonal Offices, and Branches).
- Prepares the monthly reports of the activities of the Department to management.
- Follow up on the outstanding issues on the reports prepared and ensure that it is fully resolved.
- Ensure that the bank reconciliation statements are promptly prepared by the respective officers in charge at the various levels and also ensure that the reports are reviewed.
- Review and verify all payments made to vendors/suppliers for the services they rendered to the bank;
- Review payroll before it is credited to the respective staffs’ accounts;
- Ensure that the financial transactions posted by the respective users are called over. Exceptions observed during the call over process are reported and followed up in order to promptly resolve them
- Review of payment and receipt of funds from lenders
- Review of money market investments made by the bank
- Review of the monthly taxes and pension deducted and remitted to government agencies and the respective PFAs.
- Review of other monthly deductions from staffs’ salaries to the appropriate accounts.
- Review of reports sent to regulatory authorities
- Review of income reversals/debits on income GL accounts
- Training, coaching, and mentoring of subordinates to enhance their competencies; and
- Any other assigned duties
Education: A good bachelor degree/HND in a business or finance-related discipline. Professional accounting certification and MBA will be added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a reputable firm or company
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
Sound knowledge of best practices in financial management
Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
Knowledge of industry and economic environment
Strategic thinking & strategic management skills
Flair for details