The DF manager will execute the workstream through partnerships, relationship building and advocacy, and capacity building.
- Develop a deep understanding of the channels, products, and services that Financial Services Providers (FSPs) can apply to deliver digital financial services
- Maintaining an understanding of technology advancements, evolutions, and innovations taking place in DFS space to leadership skills development process within LAPO
- Act as LAPO contact person for all activities relating to DFS
- Coordinate all LAPO initiatives related to DFS including the assistance to LAPO partners to develop their DFS strategies through a business assessment of the challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems, and recommending optimal solution approach
- Manage the engagement with financial sector stakeholders on DFS
- Work with Technical Team in the preparation of partnerships involving Digital Financial solutions including the co-development and presentation, of proposals to the Investment Committee
- Manage initiatives on change management/capacity-building as they relate to DFS
- Guide staff on technical areas as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities as requested by the bank.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in informatics, ICT related field, economics, finance, or business administration or related field preferred plus training in a DFS related field or honors degree with demonstrated experience in DFS at the leadership level
Ability to initiate and adopt innovative and creative approaches to analyzing and developing solutions
High level of analytical and creative skills
Facilitation and presentation skills
Engagement, influencing, and negotiation skills
Performance management, coaching, and mentoring skills
Proactively recognize and address concerns/issues and use a set of communication protocols to maintain an open, transparent, and trusting relationship
Strong understanding of access to finance development in Nigeria and in particular DF issues.
Knowledge of financial institution language and culture
Knowledge of fintech developments in the continent
Knowledge of the complexities of digital ecosystems, interoperability and fintech digital ecosystems
Knowledge of strategic engagement process for achieving desired outcomes.
Minimum 5 years experience in relevant professional experience (private/public) sector and/or financial sector, and/or technology solutions for business and finance, in conceptualizing, driving, and implementing initiatives.
Experience in coordinating and delivery of consulting services including proposal and report writing or conducting a DFS project in particular or a project in the digital sphere
Experience in strategy definition and execution.