SUPERVISES: Account Officer GROUP:
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Responsible for overall Finance and Accounting activities of the company
2. Support and supervise junior accounting staff to ensure the effective operation of the finance and accounts departments
3. Ensure that the financial policies /procedures of the company are implemented Efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices
4. Manage the bank and treasury processes of the company
5. Institute adequate financial control systems and processes to secure the assets and Efficient operation of the organization
6. Develop key financial processes including budgeting, management & financial Accounting/reporting
7. Daily management accounts
8. Monthly management reports and analyses
9. Monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and variation reporting
Month on Month Cost Optimization
Customer satisfaction level
PROCESS & OTHERS
TAT on report submission
Time from invoice receipt until payment
Number of invoices with errors
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position.
- Proven hands-on accounting experience including experience of double entry book keeping, associated accounting controls and procedures and experience of a variety of accounting software packages.
- Strong leadership and supervisory capabilities
- Excellent ability to create accounting policies
- Able to quickly assimilate technical knowledge.
- Attention to details
Senior level experience of preparing annual accounts and working with auditors.
Good working knowledge of statutory procedures for VAT and PAYE.
- Degree in Accounting or related field /Current certifications in applicable skills a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a comparable capacity