Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts research to assess and identifies potential franchises
- Makes “cold calls” on prospective franchise clients
- Screens and qualifies potential franchisees
- Educates prospects on the value proposition and key benefits of a RE/MAX franchise
- Prepares and presents proposals to qualified prospects
- Prepares and presents legal documentation, including contracts
- Creates marketing tools and campaigns for franchise business development
- Provides ongoing support of franchisees
- Delivers on target sales/growth goals
Marginal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly reports
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Nature of Work Contact:
- Interacts with potential and current clients
- Interacts with Franchising staff
- Interacts with other Departments
Training & Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- A Bachelor’s Degree;
- Two or more years of demonstrated abilities in business management and sales including marketing and research; or any combination of training, education, and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Must have a proven track record in achieving sales targets.
- Must be self-motivated and able to identify new sales and marketing opportunities and act upon these
- Demonstrated knowledge of the franchise and licensing regulations, laws, and procedures (preferred).
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities to meet critical deadlines, as well as working independently.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to operate the computer, telephone, mobile devices, and other office equipment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare and present to executives and potential franchisees – individually and in group formats - information and materials using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and other PC programs.
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and the highest level of integrity.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
- Must possess a current driver’s license and be able to travel as required (estimated at 10-20%).
A Sales Associate’s time will be spent as follows:
- 40% on outbound prospecting, business development, and building relationships
- 30% on following up with inbound leads and prospective franchise buyers already in our customer database
- 20% travel
- 5% on administrative work
- 5% on franchise and restaurant-related research and continuing education
- Track record of business development with both inbound leads and proactive outbound cold calling
- Interest in helping others achieve their goals of business ownership or franchise diversification
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn, Salesforce, and Dropbox
Characteristics we are seeking:
- Honest and ethical
- Great time management skills
- Highly motivated
- Problem solver
- Base Salary + Commission
- Base Compensation NGN 200,000 monthly; 20% of each initial franchise fee sold (average fee is $10,000), a minimum expectation of 6 franchises sold a year, ideally 15 franchises would be sold annually
- Expense reimbursement for business-related activities