The feasibility study should advise on the following areas for all 3 target countries:
- Minimum of 3 locations for the facility
- Estimated total startup costs
- Estimated monthly/annual running costs over a 3 – 5 year period, including a breakdown of all costs, based on various volume scenarios.
- Lead times and price walks for raw materials from China to the respective country
- Snapshot of the business environment, local labor laws, and possible tax benefits
- Political and legal implications
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carry out a manufacturing feasibility study for 3 target countries in West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, and Cote d’Ivoire) and present a final report with a series of robust recommendations.
- Identify and liaise with suitable stakeholders (utility companies, government ministries, private companies, sector associations, labor unions, and other manufacturing companies)
- Research possible duty and tax benefits for new manufacturing companies
- Develop comprehensive budgets for a 3-5 year period
- Work in close collaboration with BURN’s Chief Operating Officer, Expansion Manager, and local staff in the 3 target countries
- Past experience working on manufacturing case studies is desired.
- Any previous experience with clean energy and working on manufacturing case studies would be considered an added advantage but not a pre-requisite.