1. Prepare profit and loss statements on behalf of the business
2. Handle and process all aspects of construction payables, including coding, processing contract award work sheets and maintenance of the job cost chart of accounts
3. Set up accounting practices and procedures for the company and advise on how to effectively manage them.
4. Processing expense reports, Payroll,, VAT returns, ,CAC Annual returns, and other compulsory filing on behalf of the company.
5. Monitor fixed asset activity in detail. Generate month-end depreciation and amortization entries
6. Analyze budgets, and advise where savings could be made.
7. Controlling the incoming and outgoing documentation process and maintaining files.
8. Provide internal auditing services.
9. Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Month on Month Cost Optimization
Customer satisfaction level
PROCESS & OTHERS
TAT on report submission
Time from invoice receipt until payment
Number of invoices with errors
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position.
- Proven hands-on accounting experience including experience of double entry book keeping, associated accounting controls and procedures and experience of a variety of accounting software packages.
- Able to quickly assimilate technical knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders.
- Attention to details
Able to use relevant Accounting software and must be computer savy.
Good spoken and written English language and able to document and deliver reports accurately.
Ideal candidate should have an experience or a background of working within a large organization.
- A first degree in Accounting or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years proven working experience as an Accountant.