ACCOUNTANT (LEKKI/AJAH, LAGOS)
Reports To – Head of Operations
Medessy Enterprise Limited (trading as NG-Ride/NG-Ride Logistics) is a fast-growing transportation company with headquarter in Lagos, Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position of Accountant.
Key deliverable: Keep the books of the company up to date at all times in line with standards that are currently obtainable, handle all invoicing, ensure that invoices are issued in a timely manner, and ensure all payments are remitted when due.
Mandatory requirement: Successful applicant must operate in line with our company culture and values: Safety, People & Professionalism, Integrity, Customer-centricity & Excellence (SPICE).
Who will prepare balance sheets, profit, and loss statements, and other financial reports? Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Document financial transactions by entering account information
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other relevant reports
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
• Support and work as a team with all other staff to ensure smooth operating activities
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Secure financial information by completing database backups
• Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
• Produce error-free accounting reports and presents their results periodically
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Provide technical support and advice to management
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures where required
• Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
• Compute and pay taxes(WHT, VAT&PAYE) before the deadline
• Provide input into the department's goal-setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Co-ordinate and drive month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Communicate effectively with clients
• Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with the client personnel
• Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
• Proven experience as a Corporate Accountant
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices
• In-depth experience in risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and finance software
• An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
• A keen eye for detail
• Organizational and leadership skills
• BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA) is a plus
Closing date – Dec. 7th, 2020.