• To plan the procurement, receipt and issue of raw material required for daily production.
2. Production and Maintenance
• Leads the effort and drives manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive manner with respect to problem resolution.
• Leads the overall efforts for cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and resource allocation.
• Manages the overall scheduling, production, maintenance, quality, safety, logistics and other administrative functions for the facility.
• Leads the effort in working within all company guidelines and local/state regulations.
• To set, maintain and monitor the processing parameters on machine and moulds as per cycle time/targets established to maximize plant efficiency.
• To control the rejection percentage with a maximum limit of 3 to 3.5 % of the production.
• To monitor timely grinding of the rejection and ensure maximum utilization of the scrap.
• Ensure the efficient operation of injection molding machines and down line equipments.
• Generate machine breakdown history and root cause analysis report and provide the action plan to the management.
• To update on necessary spare parts (local & overseas) requirements for prompt maintenance of machines and utilities.
• To train and supervise all manpower requirements such as operators, electricians, fitters & workers to achieve production efficiency and quality as per targets established.
• To develop and motivate staff to optimize productivity of the workforce. Carry out performance reviews of the
team and provide feedback to the management as required.
• Verify daily production reports, generators utilization, PHCN availability report, air compressor utilization report and PH value of the cooling tower.
• Prepare daily machine break down reports, mould change reports, machine maintenance history card reports.
• Maintain the daily production consumables and accessories inventory report.
• Maintaining physical inventory records for raw material, diesel, spare parts and any other consumables and
submitting the same to accounts on a monthly basis.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in plastic injection molding, operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement with minimum 5 years of experience in managing plant production including managing teams of at least 100 people.
• Knowledge on Milacron/Jon Wai machines would be an advantage.
• Experience in managing to the ISO or equivalent quality standards would be an advantage.