Our growing bank is looking for a
Senior Finance Officer to oversee and manage daily
program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash
management, banking, inventory, receivables, and payables. Assist in developing
annual fiscal year budgets together with the Chief Financial Officer( CFO).
· Daily and effective supervision of finance officer. Supervises / Review of Petty Cash. Has an oversight supervision over other members of finance department.
· Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash boxes/petty cash.
· On a monthly basis ensure all statutory deductions are timely remitted
· Collation and preparation of daily bank balances for CFO
· Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc). Makes follow up visits to banks as directed.
· Ensure effective and timely processing and remitting of Regulatory/Statutory payments (e.g PAYE, Pension, etc) according to the provision of the law and approval.
. Handles statutory/regulatory issues- CAC bi-annual return, Tax etc as directed by the CFO.
· Ensure effective, detailed & up to date reconciliation and proof of accounts e.g GLs, bank accounts, payments, fixed deposits accounts, petty cash etc.
· Support with Salaries and Payroll Processing - including office assistance, welfare, etc. Ensures accurate and effective Staff pensions administration.
· Ensure effective and timely preparation/posting of monthly depreciation and apportionment. Maintains fixed asset register by updating all assets purchased with the appropriate supporting documents.
· Ensures prompt and accurate GL Review. Timely review of GL to ensure and forestall wrong postings, errors and omissions.
· Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
· Serves as competent support, backup or reliever for CFO. Assist/Participate in report preparation and other assigned tasks. Must be a good team player. Supports/ Participates to ensure month end closure/processing is completed according to the timeline.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
· Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field
· Possessing professional accounting certification: or in-view is compulsory.
· At least 2 years’ experience in finance department of reputable Microfinance Bank(s).
· Good computer skills in Ms Office Excel, word and Power-point and accounting software- QuickBooks, SAP etc. are highly essential.