Selena Bakeries Limited, a next generation baked goods company located in Ijanikin, Lagos, is looking for an experienced Bakery Sales Manager. This position is responsible for the business development, sales, and customer relationship activities for SBL.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager is required to sell all of our product likes to multi-channel food distribution entities such as Grocery Stores or Supermarkets, Restaurants, Educational Facilities, Hotels, Wholesale Consolidators, Tabletop Retailers etc. This role requires managing existing customer relationships; building relationships with new prospective customers; responding to all incoming leads; and working with the manager and production head to meet customer requests and needs.
Success in this position will be defined by sales growth, Client reviews, Sales Team management, profit growth, and measurable continuous improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
- Engage sales team in all facets of planning route sales activity, including order management, daily distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order to meet the customers’ in store expectations.
- Hold sales team members individually accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, and quality of work.
- Develop street (in-traffic) sales teams to generate and increase daily sales revenue.
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales team through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback in order to grow overall business.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the sales team as well as drive brand growth with customers through penetration into new markets; and expanding brand awareness.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurants, and institutional customers; ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share of our brand through retail store displays.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Calling on and retaining existing clients
- Prospecting for new customers and accounts
- Developing a comprehensive marketing strategy that leverages our brand and capabilities
- Keeping buyers up to date on industry trends and our new and existing products
- Producing detailed presentations and reports using Microsoft applications, communicating with customers, management, internal departments, and our relevant business partners
- Coordinating customer needs within the various departments of production, finance, and management
- Achieve the field safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead Selena Bakeries to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by corporate leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must possess University Degree, plus 3-5 years of related experience.
A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
This position requires the successful candidate to have the following:
· Extensive experience working in sales leadership or management.
· Experienced and proficient in digital marketing (Social media, B2B, AdWords etc.)
· Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and people skills
· Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
· Computer skills and proficiency, specifically Micro Soft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Self-motivated and confident in prospecting for new accounts
· Able to work without supervision
· Travel required
Fixed Salary, with commission.